Toothfairy gives advice!
According to new analysis from The British Dental Association, Tooth decay is the number one reason for child hospital admissions in Northern Ireland. 5,122 children were admitted to hospital last year for removal of 22,699 teeth.
At Active Allsorts we have a healthy snack policy and we try and avoid sugary foods and drinks. We know at Easter lots sugary treats are tempting our kids, as a little Easter treat today each child will have received a new tooth brush, tooth paste and a tooth brushing diary.
Tooth brushing tips
- Children should be assisted to brush their teeth as soon as they erupt.
- Brush teeth at least twice a day for at least two minutes with fluoride toothpaste.
- Replace the toothbrush every three months or when the bristles start to splay out.
- Rinse the toothbrush thoroughly after every use and store upright in a clean dry place.
- Children should be encouraged to spit out excess toothpaste and not rinse with water after brushing. This helps the fluoride toothpaste work harder to strengthen the teeth.
- Children who are unable to brush their teeth unaided should be assisted to do so, until about seven years of age.
The Tooth Fairy & Active Allsorts